Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Rogers home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Rogers“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Rogers AR right now!).
There’s a tremendous amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of the move itself and whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative – but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
Don’t let yourself wind up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for an extended period of time. That gets expensive and there’s no need for that to happen..
Although the market is relatively favorable right now in Rogers, things can change rapidly. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re well-off, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Rogers AR house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Rogers… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: There are many ways to do this. You can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. There are also many resources online that can help you determine an estimate for the value of your property. In addition, you have the option of hiring a licensed appraiser to give you a valuation. Some appraisers will give you a discounted price if they don’t have to do a complete written appraisal and only give you an opinion of value. Once you know what the house may sell for in the current marketyou have knowledge to help you determine your best option going forward.
- Decide now how fast you will need to sell your house after your relocation is complete: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of town for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped, and sometimes for less than they had been offered early in the process. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a good, reputable real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the process started early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast, fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to consider is the amount of money it will cost to hold onto your house while it sells. The costs involved include the mortgage payment, insurance, taxes, maintenance, lawn care, cleaning, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those costs add up to $1,600/mo taken straight from the income you have to live in your new hometown. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Does that make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to list with a real estate agent, great! Find a reputable local Rogers AR agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price for a short amount of time before doing something else. There’s a chance someone might just fall in love with your house and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love!!
The reality is that most properties are pretty average. They tend to have similar features and generally be like the other houses in the neighborhood. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
If you have the stomach to be a landlord, you can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. However, you have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Northwest Arkansas Home Buyer And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Rogers?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Rogers homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Rogers community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll offer you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Rogers real estate, so please feel free to call us at (479) 802-0854 and chat with us anytime.